One day, Yahushua was teaching about the seed and the different ground that it fell on and how that seed would either grow, withered away and be choked out or increase and yield fruit some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.
Later, when the disciples were alone with Yahushua they asked Him about the parable of the seed. He said a very interesting thing:
“Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.”
Yahushua was quoting Isaiah 6:9-10 ¶ And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
Why wasn’t He telling everyone about the mystery of the Kingdom of Elohim? He said it Himself that if they (Being everyone in the audience) saw, perceived, heard and understood Him, they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.”
Paul tells us: For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. ~ Romans 10:3
Who is it that placed the veil upon the heart of those who do not yet see? Many people may think it is the enemy but I am not so sure.
Paul also said: ‘But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.’
That tells me that Yahwey is completely in charge of deciding who is blinded and when they turn their hearts around, He takes away the blinders like He did with Paul.
However, to the Romans, Paul makes it completely clear that Yahwey is the One Who has placed the blinders on:
Romans 11:7-8 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Hardness of minds and hearts is combined with impaired vision and understanding. It is Yahwey who blinds the eyes and hardens the hearts so that they shall not see nor understand and be converted by the power of the Holy Spirit. Elohim certainly did that to the Pharaoh.
It is the healing power of the Holy Spirit that breaks the scales from the eyes and heals the heart of those who walk without the framework of the law. How do we know this? Because of these words in the above passage: ‘But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.’ It isn’t until ‘it’ (Being the heart) would turn to the truth that ‘it’ (the heart) would be healed.
When folks read the Old Testament, they do not see what Yahweh wants them to see until they are ready and empowered according to Yahweh’s standards, not ours.
The vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless, when it (the heart) shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. As for Yahweh, His way is perfect. When He is ready for anyone to see, Yahushua will pull away the scales and circumcise the ears so that they can hear?
Why doesn’t He want the healing power of the Spirit to break the scales from the eyes of those who walk ‘without’ the framework of the law?
It seems evident to me that Yahushua was not trying to save everyone when He had His ministry here on earth any more than He is right now. When folks submit themselves to Elohim’s righteousness, His true upright ways, then He just might decide to un-veil the blindness over their hardened hearts before Yahushua’s returns.
What I find completely amazing is that it is fully with-in Elohim’s power to take the veil away from everyone’s eyes, yet He chooses not to. Isaiah tells us that Yahwey will not be lifting this veil until ‘after’ Yahushua’s return.
Isaiah 25:7-8 And he will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the vail that is spread over all nations. He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 29:18-24 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness. The meek also shall increase their joy in the LORD, and the poor among men shall rejoice in the Holy One of Israel. For the terrible one is brought to nought, and the scorner is consumed, and all that watch for iniquity are cut off: That make a man an offender for a word, and lay a snare for him that reproveth in the gate, and turn aside the just for a thing of nought.
Therefore thus saith the LORD, who redeemed Abraham, concerning the house of Jacob, Jacob shall not now be ashamed, neither shall his face now wax pale. But when he seeth his children, the work of mine hands, in the midst of him, they shall sanctify my name, and sanctify the Holy One of Jacob, and shall fear the God of Israel. They also that erred in spirit shall come to understanding, and they that murmured shall learn doctrine.
I believe this to mean an over-all opening of the eyes of all who have not turned to Him when He has reached out. I am guessing that this event would have to be in tandam to the time when every knee bows to Yahwey.
For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. ~ Romans 14:11
In case you didn’t know it, Paul was quoting the prophet Isaiah.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. ~ Isaiah 45:23
It will be so nice when those who murmur and call folks like me ‘Torah Observant’ will no longer be made an offender because I speak about the doctrine of the Law that was taught by both Paul and Yahushua.
It should not be surprising that there are people who look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. Isaiah first mentions this phenomenon, as do Jeremiah and Ezekiel. If they were to see, hear and understand, they would do t’shuvah, they would repent and God would heal them.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. Messiah uncovers the veil from the heart. We are transformed from glory to glory so that we ourselves can see for ourselves, the glory of the Lord. Once we have put off the old man with his deeds, it is then that we have put on our new self, which is being renewed in knowledge according to the image of the One Who created the universe.
God will open the heart of man for full understanding when He opens the graves for the resurrection. If all men were being called right now, Yahushua would have never said these words: “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.”
If Yahushua were calling everyone right now, He would have spoken in plain and easy to understand words. Instead He spoke in parables. WHY? Because the truth is only given to those whom He is calling right now. When the veil is lifted at resurrection, all will become clear to everyone.
Other scriptures to consider:
1. John 6:37 All that the Father gives me comes to me …. And I will not cast out
2. John 6:39 …all which he has given me…. I will raise him up
3. John 6:64 …Jesus knew from the beginning who… believed not…
4. John 6:65 No man can come to me except…. By the Father
5. John 9:39 …and they which see might be made blind
6. John 14:17 The Spirit of Truth…the world cannot receive
7. John 17:2-6…that he should give eternal life to as many as you have given him…unto the men which you gave me out of the world….
8. John 17:9 I pray for them…. I pray not for the world…
9. Mark 4:3-9, 11-12 Parable of the sower/good seed “unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom but unto them that are w/o all these things are done in parables…. Lest at any time they should be converted and their sins forgiven them
10. Mark 4:34 Without a parable he spoke not to them; and when they were alone he expounded these things to his disciples
11. James 1:18 …we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures/creation
12. Acts 2:39 …as many as the Lord our God shall call
13. Acts 2:47 …added to the church daily such as should be saved
14. Acts 3:17 And now brethren I know that you did this through ignorance as did your rulers
15. Acts 10:40-41 Him God raised him up the third day and showed him openly, not to all the people but unto witnesses chosen before of God….
16. Acts 13:27 … because they knew him not…
17. Acts 13:48 …Gentiles glorified the word of the Lord…and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed
18. Acts 15:14 …God at first did visit the Gentiles to take out of them a people for his name
19. 1 Cor 1:26 For you see your calling brethren that not many wise… not many mighty… not many noble are called…
20. Acts 16:14….Lydia worshipped God… who heart the Lord opened that she attended unto the things which Paul spoke
21. Isa 6:9-10God and tell this people…. Hear…understand not….see but perceive not…. Lest they see… understand… covert…be healed.
22. Matt 11:25-26 …I thank you Father, Lord of heaven and earth that you have hid these things from the wise and prudent…have revealed it unto babes…even so Father for it seemed good in your sight.
23. 2 Thess 3:2…that we may be delivered… for all men have not faith
24. Rev 12:9…Satan which deceives the whole world….
25. Matt 13:10-11… unto you it is given but unto them it is not given
26. Jam 2:5… has God not chosen the poor of this world
27. Isa 25 7…destroy the face of the covering over all people and the vail that is spread over all nations
28. 2 Cor 4:3-4…if our gospel be hid.. it is hid to them that are lost…in whom the god of this world has blinded the minds of them that believe not…
29. 2 Tim 1:13…I did it ignorantly in unbelief…
30. Rom 9:11…for the children not yet born (Jacob/Esau)…that the purpose of God according to election, might stand, not of works but of him that calleth
31. Luke 9:21…whom say you that I am? … The Christ the Son of God… and he straightly charged them to tell no man that thing
32. Luke 10:21…I thank you Father… you have hid these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them unto babes, even so Father for it seemed good in your sight.
33. Matt 16:20 Then he charged his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ
34. Luk 19:42 If you had known…but now they are hid from your eyes
35. 2 Cor 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded, for unto this day….the veil remains upon their heart
36. Isa 44:18 They have not known nor understood, for he has shut their eyes that they cannot see….
37. 1 Cor 1:21 …that in the wisdom of God he world by wisdom knew not God…
38. 1Cor 2:7-8 …we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery which none of the princes of this world knew…
39. Luke 8:10 Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of God but others in parables….
40. 1 Cor 2:14 …the natural man receives not the thing of the Spirit of God….
41. Luke 13:24 …enter in at the strait gate for many will seek to enter and shall not be able
42. Psa 65:4 Blessesd is the man whom you choose to approach unto you….
43. John 15:16…you have not chosen me but I have chosen you…
44. Luke 24:45…then opened he their understanding that they might understand the scriptures
45. Mar 13:20.. the elect’s sake whom I have chosen….
46. Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the first born which are written in heaven…
47. James 2:5 Has God not chosen the poor of this world, rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which he has promised them that love him
48. John 3:27…a man can received nothing except it be given him from heaven
49. Isa 54:13 …And all your children shall be taught of the Lord and great peace upon your children
50. Jer 31:34…. For they shall all know me from the least unto the greatest….
51. Micah 4:2…and many nations shall come and say, let us go up to the house of the Lord…
52. John 14:22… how is it you will manifest yourself unto us but not unto the world?
53. Joel 2:32… and in the remnant whom the Lord our God shall call
54. Matt 10:34-39… think not that I am come to send peace on earth.. I come not to send peace but a sword
55. Matt 11:27… and to whomsoever the Son will reveal him (the Father)
56. Rom 9:18 Therefore he has mercy upon whom he will and whom he will hardens…
57. Heb 8:28 …an unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation
58. Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. (the called)
- What Does It Mean to ‘Be Born Again’? (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Yahushua Came To Set the Captives Free (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- When Does Yahwey’s Scriptural New Year Begin? (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Standing on the Promise of Hebrews 4:12 (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Circumcision (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- The Veil (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Feast of Weeks ~ Pentecost (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- Healing Faith (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- The Bread of Life (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- They Cried Out (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)